Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thought on Friendship

At Taylor University where I attend college, we have this giant lip sync competition every year called Airband. It's pretty epic. You have to try out to be in it. Different dorms and floors and wings get together and compete in the lip syncing and dancing and people from all around come to watch the two shows we put on.

This year, my dorm is practicing and in the middle of the song (I won't say in case someone from Taylor sees this. We want this to be a surprise until tryouts on Tuesday), we create a human ladder where I then climb over everyone and fall into the arms of a waiting few. Along the way, I have two others holding my hands to help me.

I was thinking about this and how this is very much like life. Sometimes, you need friends to help you get to the top, holding you hand or being the stair that boosts you to the next level. And, of course, you need friends to catch you when you fall so that you can try again.

Friendship is so very important to me. I know I'm not a perfect friend or anything, but I try. I keep the secrets of friends, I go out and by a pregnancy test for a friend, I try and be there when others need me, though sometimes I feel bad when I have to write a paper or something. If I know I'm busy I always try and schedule an hour break or so so that people can come to me when they need to.

Unfortunately, I'll fail. But just like the human ladder, I know I have friends to catch me. And if I was in the opposite situation, I hope I'd be strong enough to catch them too.

Even if they are a little bit taller than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment